Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm a homewrecker!?

I've hit a new low.

I am utterly convinced that I have broken up a couple, a couple which I absolutely adore no less. There's this twosome that comes in on a regular basis, we always chat.. the guy loves horror movies (like me!) and the woman is from Bosnia so she's just automatically funny just because she has no idea what's going on.. (or what the word scrapbook means.) So, anyway, I've seen the guy come in without the girl.. but the girl came in like a week and a half ago, alone, for the first time. She said she was on her way to the gym and saw that I was working so she thought she'd pop in for a quick chat..

Well we ended up talking for about 30 minutes.. mostly just random things.. but then I started asking her about her relationship.. how long her and said boyfriend had been going out.. aaaaand.. I JOKINGLY said "Well you better tell him to put a ring on your finger or you're outta here!" She acted kinda funny when I said that but I didn't really think anything of it..

Then yesterday the boyfriend comes in, he's normal.. we talk.. then when I'm ringing him up I say "you're girlfriend came in the other day and we chatted for a bit."

That's when things got awkward.

Convo..

Him: Girlfriend? It must have been a while ago then..
Me: Huh?
Looong awkward pause..
Me: Omg, did you guys break up?
Looong awkward pause..
Me: Sorry! I didn't know.. yeah I guess it wasn't "just the other day"
Him: Must have been like a week and a half ago
Me: Ya.. that sounds about right..
Him: Well, bye..

Right when he leaves my manager proceeds to laugh until he cries.

It's all my fault! I know I broke them up, that's too big of a coincidence! I told her that they should be married by now, she realized I was right (like I always am) and so she gave him an ultimatum.. you can guess how the rest went..

I'm going to hell. (For this and various other reasons.)

All you single ladies can thank me later.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment