Sunday, May 30, 2010

SATC2

Shame on you Michael Patrick King!!

When Sex and The City 2 came out on the 27th my best friend Allie and I went to the midnight showing. Obviously. We walked a mile, bought our tickets and managed to get decent seats. The next 45 minutes were absolutely unbearable. There were dudes in drag, overweight ugly girls (one managed to snag a seat beside me) hammered groups of girls, girls wearing ghastly outfits.. and all of them, I repeat all of them were having rediculous conversations in high pitched voices. All the while my friend and I just sat there having to listen to the voices of death. The theater was unbelievably loud. When I go to the theater I SHUT THE FUCK UP. I don't talk. EVER. Then the movie started, you'd think everyone would hush up right? Wrong. There were multiple conversations still happening well into the first 20 minutes of the movie. Blood boiling.

After the plot started to pick up I started to settle down and tried to enjoy the movie, which sadly, turned out to be extremely hard to do seeing as the plot was barely there and the outfits were far below fabulous. And not only was I sitting next to a fat almost thirty chick and her friend, but the fat girl happened to be the loudest person in the theater. Not kidding. The loud people always sit by me. If it was only me and someone else in a theater they would most definately find a way to sit behind or beside me and torture me throughout the entire viewing. This woman laughed at every. single. joke. (Not only did she laugh but she made an awkward sigh noise before AND after her laughing fits..) And most of the jokes were NOT funny. Minus the Jude Law joke which was brilliant.

When the movie ended my friend and I walked back to my apartment. We were both so shocked at how horrible the movie was that we were silent a good two thirds of the way home. I think we were both afraid that the other person liked the movie and didn't want to ruin their buzz. Thank god we had similar views about the disaster. (The whole Aiden situation!!! Could have gone on a lot longer. Major let down.) And Abu Dhabi? REAAAAALLY??!! I would have been satisfied if the whole movie took place in New York, after all, it's Sex and THE CITY.

The sad thing is, if they made a third SATC I would still go see it.



I would like for you to now take the time to look closely at the picture that I've provided below. Do you see Samantha (far left) and Miranda (far right) WHAT ARE THEY WEARING?!?!??!? Correct me if I'm wrong but Miranda is wearing a cowboy hat and I don't even know where to begin with Samantha. When I first saw this scene I thought it was a joke.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment