Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stalker Status

Normally I'd find this flattering.

A few weeks ago a customer came in (one of my favourites..)

Her: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No (insert frowning emoticon here)
Her: Well, do you know someone named *Rob?
Me: Yes, well a customer named Rob..
Her: Well, there's some guy named Rob going around saying that you're his girlfriend.. and he's old so I just knew it couldn't be true.. but I wanted to come in and ask you anyway..
Me: What the what?! It couldn't be the same person I'm thinking of.. does he have all gray hair?
Her: Yes!
..this is the part in the conversation where a shiver falls upon me..
Me: Well go do some investigating and find out for sure!
Her: OK, I got your back girlfriend!

I tell my manager and he's creeped out just as much, if not more than I am. After a while I forget about it.. I even see the guy a few times after she told me this bit of information and he never once acted all romantical toward me.

THEN!!!!!

The customer comes back, her name is Allison by the way, and she tells me that it is for sure the same person I was thinking about. She goes into detail about what he's been saying (I'll spare you the details) She has me convinced.

Let me make this clear. A CUSTOMER HAS BEEN GOING AROUND TELLING PEOPLE THAT I AM HIS GIRLFRIEND. He is also almost as old as my GRANDMOTHER.

I'm freaked out to say the least. Do I confront this person? If I do are they going to go all Fatal Attraction on me? I kind of get the feeling he's more Robin Williams One Hour Photo type of creepy stalker.

I seriously would not be surprised if this man kills me in my sleep. I'm going to wake up one night, feel a presence in the room, hear some nasally breathing and then BLAM! A knife, right to the carotid artery. I only ask he violates my body after I've Perished from complete loss of blood.








xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment