Thursday, June 25, 2009

Miranda and the City

I feel like I haven't written on here in quite a while.. but in all actuality it hasn't been that long. I guess I just miss my blog, oh sweet irony. I remember the days I used to promise myself I'd never have a blog and call people who had them "hipsters trying to recruit."

Anyway.. I've been meaning to write another movie review, but lately I've been watching t.v. shows! I'm almost finished with Undeclared (Judd Apatow's college version of Freaks & Geeks) and just recently started watching Sex and the City. My new roommate is absolutely obsessed with SATC, she has the whole series and watches it religiously and so I decided to see what all her craze was about.

OMG. It's sooo good, now I know what she's been talking about all these years! You can hate the show all you want, hate me for loving it, I don't care! The truth is Sex and the City is effing amazing. It makes me want to date a million different guys at once, it makes me want to move to New York City, it makes me want to be a journalist and have my own column, it makes me want to go to a dance club.. all right, maybe not the last one. But it definately brings out the girlie girl in me.. I didn't even think I had a girlie girl side! I want to be tre chic! I'm still torn between Carrie and Samantha.. I think I used to be a Samantha but over the course of the year I've drastically changed into a Carrie (thanks in large part to my amazing boyfriend aka Big!)

It kind of reminds me of a tv version of the movie The Sweetest Thing, and that movie is the best chick flick of all time.. it's a chick flick even guys can appreciate. A must see on my list!

I'm on the 3rd and last disk of Undeclared.. so far it's good.. I mean, it doesn't even come close to being as good as Freaks and Geeks.. but it's still worth watching. I never really got the closure I felt I needed from the last episode of F&G so I started watching this in hopes that it would kind of be the next best thing.. it's not. The new actors/characters are overshadowed by Seth Rogen, Jason Segal, Busy Phillips.. all the oldies.. I think I'm still just mad about the best show of all time going off air, so I'm taking it out on this show.. also I'm watching it at the same time as Sex and the City so I'm not able to give it my full attention..






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment