Thursday, June 4, 2009

F*** you Criterion!

Last night, while drinking copious amounts of liquor, it dawned on me.. I only have ONE movie review on my "movie/video store/customer complain themed blog." (I too would like to know why I was thinking about my blog at 1am in a bar) ..1 review seems like a rather low amount to me, considering how many movies I watch/have seen.

The thing is.. if I dare turn this into a movie review blog, it'd more likely be a.. how awful/terrific the actors were in the movie review. I'm gonna be frank, I don't give a SHIT about how well the movie was shot, all the terrific angles, the colors, the lighting. Reviews tend to be all about that crap. Borrrring. The Criterion Collection can kiss my bathing suit tan lined ass. (Except for a few,.. The Rock, Armageddon, Chasing Amy.. why those 3 are in there I'll never understand.) To me, a good movie is an entertaining movie, one that I can watch over and over. So, I'd be more inclined to write a crappy review about how rediculous the characteres were, how awkward the acting was.. sex scenes.. special effects.. things of that nature.

I'm not going to write one now.. this is just a forewarning. I shall indeed start writing more movie reviews sometime in the near future.. and they will be craptastic.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment