Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mrs. John Elwes

Ok, I found my all time favorite customer to hate. I literally loathe these people. I'm not gonna name names because if they ever read this I'm sure they'd find a way to sue me or some fucking dumb shit. Slander?

This couple used to come in allll the time, (they've only been in a few times lately) they'd rent tv shows, then either a few hours later or the next day they'd come in with the dvds and say that they'd already seen the episodes so we'd have to switch them for the next disks (free of charge.)

And the wife (she's the absolute worst) she would always rent Gossip Girl and then ask for the next season, which wouldn't even be out, and she would literally tell me that I was wrong and that it WAS out. Biiiiitch!

AND they wouldn't EVER pay their late fees. Never ever. They had a $1.60 late fee and refused to pay it. Whaaaat the fuck. They live in these high rise apartment buildings across the street and won't pay a measley $1.60?? Can you say cheapskate?

Anway, the chick just came in and rented the 2nd season of Gossip Girl and as I was checking the movies out to her I told her that she had a late fee and HAD to pay $6 of it because it's over 6 months old. She got really pissy and was like "isn't there a law that says videostores can't charge customers late fees?"

Me: "What the fuck? Uhh, NOOO."

She pays part of her late fee and as she's walking out she calls her husband and complains about having to pay the late fee and asks more about this alleged "law."

I found this at Wikipedia and I just have to share it. This defination IS her.

-"A miser or cheapskate is a person who is reluctant to spend money, sometimes to the point of forgoing even basic comforts. The term derives from the Latin miser, meaning "poor" or "wretched," comparable to the modern word "miserable".

Oh! And one time I was closing the store, and she bangs on the door and was like "can I please rent a movie??" I told her that I had already closed down the computers so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to.. well, she talks her way into the store and walks around looking at movies "so she'll know what to get tomorrow." Can you believe this woman?!

I don't know if that's how they do it in India, but it's definately not how they do it here in Downtown Portland hunny. Watch yo self. I see you on the street, I aint afraid to fight.


xoxo

Update: She just called to say she'd already seen one of the disks and needs to exchange it for the next one. Riiiiiight


Thank you, come again


No comments:

Post a Comment