Sunday, January 3, 2010

I is Goonie too!

Welllll last Tuesday my girlfriend and I decided to be rad and spontaneous and take a mini road trip for the day. The Goonies is one of the best movies of all time (and no that's not my opinion, it's fact) so Astoria seemed the obvious choice.

Right when we got there we had beer and hamburgers on the waterfront.. OF course.

After that we made fools of ourselves and acted like tourists while taking picture after picture infront of The Goonie house and the County Jail.. we also saw the bowling alley where Chunk smooshed his strawberry milkshake and pepperoni pizza against the window. Kindergarten Cop wasn't forgotten and we took pictures infront of the school as well.
I'm not able to upload pictures at the moment, but thankfully I took some pictures with my phone and was able to send them to my gmail.

Enjoy my beauties.



And wouldn't you know, as we were leaving I get texts from people back in Portland saying it was snowing like hellllla! (I was way bummed that I was going to miss all the whiteness and joy the snow brings.) Fast forward an hour and we're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on I5 southbound. Miss brainiac over here (that would be moi) decided to drink a Rockstar right as we were exiting Astoria and had to pee extremely bad. So bad my bladder actually HURT. Too bad for me though because there was no chance of us getting off at an exit because the next one was 4 miles away. I braced myself for the moment where I'd end up having to pee in the waterbottle at my feet. A miserable FIVE HOURS LATER we make it to the ramp that was only FOUR MILES AWAY. We stop at New Seasons, I pee, we get back in the car.. and the son of a bitch died on us, then we had to find someone to electrocute the car. I finally got home and drank my weight in beer.


All in all I'd say the trip was a success.




xoxo



Oh, and of course we had to stop by and say hello to my friend Jake!



No comments:

Post a Comment