Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Boat That Rocked

You know those rare movies you're lucky enough to watch that put a little skip in your walk? I fucking found one.

This morning I watched Pirate Radio before work and let me tell you, I will have a better day because of it. The last scene had me blubbering like a sodding idiot but not because it was sad, quite the contrary, blissfully happy. Right after it ended I blared The Rolling Stones and jumped and danced on my bed for a full 4 songs. It was that kind of movie. Music from the movie reigns supreme and the cast delights as they.. STOP, that's starting to sound like a legit review [by my standards anway.] This movie fucking rocked! Literally. It had me smiling, singing along, cheering on the djs and most importantly it made me want to TURN. IT. UP.

Everyone's snogging, making fun of one another, listening to music and having the time of their lives. It's such a happy movie. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Philip Seymour Hoffman plays the best dj. (Almost Famous) Bill Nighy, Nick Frost, Rhys Ifans,.. BOOM BOOM AND BOOM!
Britain in the 60s.. what I wouldn't give to have been alive in those days.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment