Monday, April 5, 2010

Ode to Flesh


Last night a friend and I watched Taxidermia. I definately went into it thinking it was going to be some high gore high tension type of movie. Boy was I in for quite the surprise. (It was NOT a horror movie btw) In the very first scene some guy blows fire out of his penis. Then he has sex with a pig carcass. So, first impression: AWESOME. Then I got confused because it went strait to all these overweight people (and when I say overweight what I really mean is fat as fuck dudes) in an eating contest and for a good chunk of the movie the plot was about that.. then it started becoming about an extremely creepy and perverted taxidermist. Huh? I needed Clarissa for this one. After the movie had ended I was laying in bed thinking over and over about the plot and what I had 'missed' and now I'm pretty positive I got the whole story down. So I'm not dumb. Take THAT nerds!

All in all I'd say it was a pretty interesting movie. Someone called me alternative yesterday (I know right! News to me that people still use that word to describe people) so I'm assuming it's a type of movie that "MY" people would like.

Graphic nudity: Check! Obese people having sex: Check! Self induced vomiting: Check!

My friend said that the movie reminded him of Delicatessen, and in a way I suppose it does have that feeling of some of those 'oddball' French films, but this one had more "ick!" factor and less "that was one quality film!!" factor. And it was Hungarian.

Definately worth the watch.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment