Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alison Wonderland

Yesterday was my birthday. The big DEUCE DEUCE! I went shopping with my little sister (she got me season 2 of 30 Rock, Booyah!!) then we both went and had lunch with my grandma. After the intense wine drinking, my gma and I went to see Alice in Wonderland. (3-D) I initially had no intentions of watching that movie. Too much hype, not really into 3-D, and it just looked like.. too much. But my grandma assured me it was great. So we went.

I was pleasantly surprised! I enjoyed the movie. I wasn't as impressed with Alice (whatever that random girl's real name is. I'll give her props for her gorgeous blonde locks though.) But I thought Johnny Depp's performance was wonderful ;] (And not just because he's Johnny Depp) He's this.. 'mad' hatter but really deep down he's so lovey. I just wanted to hug him and let him cry on my shoulder. The end scene where he says goodbye to Alice reminded me of the end scene in Labyrinth where Sarah's in her room looking in the mirror, talking to Hoggle, Ludo and Didymus and they say "..should you need us, for any reason at all.." I guess The Mad Hatter reminded me, in more ways than one, of Hoggle. (He owns a beat of my heart.)

During the movie I WAS a little confused, I was like.. yo dawg, why isn't she about to drown in her tears? Why isn't she painting all the roses red?! After the movie got out my little sister informed me that it was supposed to be a 'sequel' to the original Disney cartoon movie. Made so much more sense after that. I'd give it a 6.5. That's a recommendation ya'll!




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment