Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Carnivale

It was a mad house in here this morning! In the 2 years that I have worked here there has never been a line of customers waiting for me when I come to open up shop. Today that all changed.

I walked by the store (Videorama) on my way to Safeway to purchase my daily Rockstar and I noticed 2 women standing at the door. I chuckled to myself because of how disappointed they looked that we weren't open yet.. and then thought "what LOSERS." As I slowly walk the two measly blocks back to open up the store I see more people standing infront of the entrance. Se7en to be exact. I open the door, turn on the lights and start cleaning up the Gigantic mess behind the counter (Brian closed last night. Amongst the multiple spilled energy drinks and random pieces of gummy candy all over the floor, I notice that there are movies he decided to not put away. Thanks friend.) Five minutes go by and all of the lost looking customers are still standing in an unorganized line on the sidewalk. SO annoyed at this point. I go outside and ask "Why are you all standing out here? I opened five minutes ago. You guys look weird."


Big mistake. Big BIG mistake. I hadn't realized that I had yet to put all the new releases on the wall so every single one of those customers that I dread on a regular basis came rushing up to the counter freaking out.

"Omg is Mad Men season 3 all out?!" "Blind Side? BLIND SIIIIIDE!!!!"

To make matters worse, another wave of customers come gliding through the entryway just as I'm getting my bearings together. (Come one, come all) Unbelievable! You all really had nothing better to do at NOON on a Tuesday? Not only was I having to run all over the place, trying to locate all the scattered movies that came out for rent today, but my hay fever was acting up. Inbetween my sneezing spell, runny nose, dry cough and puffy eyes I was having to ask customers for their last name and whether they wanted the movie over night or for the full five days. Not my favourite way to spend my afternoon. Not in the least.

Ah, but I digress, I really do. Tomorrow I leave for Californiaaa (here I cooome) and I couldn't be happier.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment