Thursday, July 16, 2009

Creme de la Creme

A few months ago I started a "Miranda's Picks" section

Observe:



The movies change sporadically but I've always kept Igby Goes Down on the rack. I can't bring myself to take it down,.. I don't have a favorite movie, but if someone held a gun to my head and said I had to pick one or never drink beer again.. that's probably the first movie that would come to mind.

As you can see, the movies I currently have in my section (haha I have my own section!) are:

  1. Angel Heart (when Mickey Rourke was hot as shite)
  2. I Spit on Your Grave (wonderful rape scenes)
  3. Pretty Persuasion (Rachel Wood going down on Kaczmarek, priceless)
  4. Them (what The Strangers was based off of)
  5. Wonder Boys (give me more Robert Downey Jr. please!)
  6. Flowers in the Attic (kristy swanson killlls)
  7. She's So Lovely (best father daughter relationship I've ever seen)
  8. Igby Goes Down (the dialogue is magnific!)
  9. Mean Creek (amazing child actors)
  10. It's All Gone Pete Tong (you can thank my bf for introducing me to this one)
  11. Hard Candy (overrated but lovable)
  12. Spun (makes me want to do drugs and bang Brittany Murphy)
  13. White Oleander (I relate to the main character on so many levels,.. it's sad really)
  14. United States of Leland (Ryan Gosling's greatest performance)
  15. Sharkwater (save the sharks!)
  16. Willow (miiight take this one down already, everyone's already seen it.. I hope!)
  17. Candy (RIP Heath Ledger)
  18. Ghost World (early Scarjo and one of my favorite Buscemi roles)
  19. Secretary (I hate Maggie Gyllenhaal buuut the sex, nudity, self mutilation and sadomasochism more than makes up for my hatred of her)
  20. Freeway (Witherspoon is way better in her darker roles)
  21. Stealing Beauty (Liv Tyler is amazing and you see Rachel Weisz vagina. My mom turned me into this one, her personal favorite)
  22. Winter Passing (God, I fucking love Zooey Deschanel,.. Will Ferrell proves he can be funny without being over the top)

I'm supposed to try and change the selection every few weeks but it's got to be the most challenging task ever. Which ones do I take down, which are worthy of staying up there, have a shit ton of people already seen the new ones I want to put up?... blah blah...

I think I'm going to take off Hard Candy and put up Night Watch..

...and YES that is a picture of Robert Pattinson on my sign...

Report:

xoxo

1 comment: