Monday, July 20, 2009

You fools! All of you!

What in the world?!

Some time ago, I heard about this amazing movie. Like.. AMAZING. I'd seen bits and pieces of it but never really took the time to watch it.. that is.. until last night.

Bitches and broads, I watched.....

AMERICAN PSYCHO



Ummm, I'd give it a C+ at best.

I don't understand what the hell everyone has been talking about. I got so tired of this movie that I got up and literally brushed my teeth. It was boring, it was confusing, and what was with the end? Is Paul Allen really mother fucking dead?!? I'd like to think that I'm one of those people that are able to comprehend confusing movies, but I definately did not follow this one. Maybe it was just oversold, (or maybe the fact that I dislike Christian Bale has something to do with it..) I went into it thinking it was going to be amazing and what I got was a huge letdown. As the credits started rolling, I rolled over and started analyzing the movie.. then I thought.. If I was watching tv, and American Psycho came on, I'd switch the channel! I'd rather watch Mtv's 16 and Pregnant than this movie!

I will give it some credit though, if one of the underlying themes/tones was that everyone's the same.. looks alike, acts alike.. then they cast it well. I couldn't tell one actor from the other. I liked the blood/killing.. the three way sex scenes caught my attention.. (as did Huey Lewis & the News)..

Is there something here I'm not getting? Is this movie one big joke and I'm just that one blonde bimbo in the group that doesn't understand?

I'm so confused

Dare I say.. I guess I just.. didn't.. "GET" it.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone. It's ok. I see why some people like it, just not for me. I guess it's a turn in high brow horror. My problem is I don't relate to any of the characters and in fact, despise them. I don't care if they die. I don't care if they don't die. A lesson I guess that anyone can be a killer...it's not always a degenerate in a mask. But I prefer degenerates, splatter and nudity much more than the irony of a business man with a secret. Movies are an escape for most people...a psycho behind a suit is maybe a little too real for me.
    Bring on the boobs, bring on the blood!

    ReplyDelete